Bill’s Chocolate Waffles
- 2 cups flour
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup raw cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1-1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Mix dry ingredients first in mixing bowl.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Batter will thicken after a few minutes so do not make it to thick. Consistency should be like cake batter.
- Preheat waffle iron and make just like any other waffles. These waffles have no tendency to stick and take a little longer to bake than the average waffle.
Our family generally lets these waffles cool on an oven rack and we eat them for deserts and snacks.
- They go great with any kind of icing on top.
- Chocolate waffle Sundays are great.
- After letting the waffles cool, you can take Mint chocolate chip ice cream and fill the recesses in the waffle with the ice cream, let freeze and enjoy.